NBA Fastbreak pinball was released by Midway in 1988. The game was designed by George Gomez with artwork by Kevin O’Connor. This game has scoring like the real NBA, meaning that 300 points is a terrific score. The scoring is balanced, and completely linear. That is a major difference from other pinball machines. Additionally, it is the only WPC machine that does not feature an after-ball bonus count. The objective of NBA Fastbreak is to get to Trophy Multiball by completing six tasks, win a championship ring, and score as many points as possible along the way. The six tasks are:
- Goals (2PT, 3PT & Free Throw)
- 20 points
- Combos (Tip-Off, Slam Dunk, Alley Oop & Fastbreak)
- Stadium Goodies (Crazy Bob’s Concessions, Hot-Dog Mania, Scoreboard Trivia & Egyptian Soda)
- Multiballs (Shoot Around Multiball & Around the World Multiball)
- Power Hoops and Power Points (Half Court Hoops, Hook Shot Hoops, Run & Shoot Hoops & Hoops Multiball)
When all the tasks are completed, Trophy Multiball automatically starts (if you lose the ball before it starts, it will start on the next ball). The player then has unlimited balls for about 20 seconds. The center ramp is lit for 2 points and the goal is to outscore the “other team” (it seems like 6 or 7 shots are necessary to do this). If the player wins, a championship ring is awarded, and the player becomes the current MVP.
Need more information? Click here to contact us!